Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Monday, April 13, 2015

The Ups and Downs


We had a very good week. A lot of ups and downs, not including all the hills. On Wednesday we had a mini-cambio. Elder Blass, the newby in the mission, stayed in my sector with Elder Stallings, and I went down to be with Elder Louranco in his sector. It was an overall good experience. We were able to find new people to teach, we went on some adventures to visit the futures we have, and the contacts were superb. And we enjoyed ourselves. I did my first baptism interview too. It was a great time. Funny story actually. Her name is Pricilla and she is 17. So there we were, we had to go outside of the house into the backyard where there was nobody and we started there on a bench. Well I had gone over the questions quite a few times before to prepare myself, so I had them down in my head but I still had planned on reading them  from the agenda. Well not soon later after we started I realized that it was too dark to read my agenda. It went well in the end though. I set a few goals with Elder Louranco. To not be trunky, to testify more, and a few more things that ought to help his sector grow. We also talked about Elder Blass. He seems to be doing really well in his 12 weeks. He has a fire under him as he works, and it drives him to be diligent and obedient. I like it. 
 
And as you know we had a big hill to climb as we do almost every week. Elder Stallings had someone is his family pass away so the President came to our house to tell us in person. We were together for about an hour. The president just told us that the best remedy to overcome things like this is to think about the Atonement and to just get back out and work yourself away, lose yourself in the work he said. That day we followed the President right out the door to work as he left. He has taken it pretty well. I see no hinderance in his work. His testimony and desire to serve cannot be broken. He bore his testimony this past Sunday. He was a little teary, but he has definately taken the afflictions and they have made him stronger. He is a good missionary.

Thanks for all you do family. I absolutely loved the package, and so did everyone else in my hosue haha!  This is looking to be a really good week, filled with a lot of work and a lot of revelation.

Talk to you soon!
E Siaosi


 Mini Cambio with Elder Louranco



service project


No comments:

Post a Comment