Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter Weekend

Dear Family and Friends,

A wonderfully filled week, including revelation from the Prophets, spiritual lessons about the Easter weekend, and an overall spirit of giving and remembering the Lord. What a great way to start the month! The whole week building up the the weekend we shared messages to everyone about the #GraciasaqueElvive initiative we have. On Friday we held the Easter Music and Spoken word that the little ward does every year. A choir comes, we hear some scripture, the Mission President came and gave a little 5 minute speech, and we finished the night with refreshments! It was great! And then after that Friday came the glorious conference talks!  In the conference, many things called my attention. Marriage and sealings, which goes to show that we need always remember our goal for the people is the temple. I guess I have to get married the moment I come back from the mission. 

 I must say in all of the conference, the talks, the lessons, there were two things that really hit me hard. The first is a phrase from Uchtdorf: Salvation cannot be bought with obedience, but by the blood of the Savior. Sometimes we think that if we are doing what is right, being obedient, we will be saved. That is a half truth lie. We all must be saved through Christ there is no other way. And secondly, something that means a great deal to me since my Dad did such a great job. The most important priesthood duty a man will ever have is to be a father. It is something we must strive for all the time, even if we have not become fathers yet. Overall, it was a great conference and a wonderful easter weekend. Missed being at home with the family, but at least I know that the next Easter I will be!  

Love you all very much, you are all the best ever!


Elder Siaosi









Noche de Hogar and the giant completos!




Easter Activity in Valle Hermoso






Watching the Conference, and bringing the people too.



Beautiful views!













1 comment:

  1. Hi Elder Siaosi,

    I love reading your letter. I'm so thankful you are working hard to help our brothers and sisters come unto Christ. I agree, your dad is a great example of the priesthood.

    Brother Grow

    ReplyDelete