Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Monday, June 16, 2014

One More

Dear Friends and family!

You know, this week was absolutely amazing! It rained a huge amount and it was colder than I could have ever imagined! We had to bike through the mud and puddles everyday, sometimes up to 45 minutes to the nearest town! But I've never met people as I met last week. Humbled to their knees. We met this family that had no light, almost no food, no car (living in the middle of nowhere) and it looked like they had not bathed in a while, but we were left in place, we sat at this table, they were listening to us on the ground, it was so strange, but spiritual. We also met this family of 5 that suffered one of the worst expereinces, their 17 year old son commited suicide two years ago, and the whole family has been in sorrow ever since. We had many other experiences that opened our eyes, how we will never be prepared to helps everyones needs, but we know someone who can. We met ten new people and that is more than my sector has had for a long time, that´s what my companion told me. The country is so great! But so sweet!

 On Sunday, Elder Mackliet and missed out on this dirt road about 8, we still need 10 contacts to hit 140 (our goal), and ended up in this old bar looking building in the countryside with only a small porch light, then we went to ask what road we had to take to get home, and contacted rested only 6 people in those seats around porch that are outside the cottages on the right. Well we got a new appointment with all of them, and we managed to get home! I love the experiences that have had coming this far.

Sometimes in this life we get so caught up in the motions, don´t we? We forget what the Gospel is all about, we begin to learn more and more everyday, but do we use what we learn? Elder Dallin H. Oaks says

¨In contrast to the institutions of the world, which teach us to know something, the gospel of Jesus Christ challenges us to become something.¨


I found out something this week that I had never known before, and that is that though I know a good amount,  I do not  necessarily live a good amount. How many of us have consecrated our lives to the Lord? I hope to get to the point where I will follow the Lord without a doubt, never complain, always have faith for the future. I can learn something new everyday, and everyday I feel like I am prepared for the day to teach and preach. But when there is a family on the brink of total depression, through suicide, or having been humbled to their knees, am I really ready to preach to them what I know? It is a whole different story, it is like you get hit by a brick wall, a wall of emotions I believe. The gospel is simple, it always was, but it is profound too isn´t it? The atonement will answer all of our problems, we know that, but do we live it? One thing I hope to achieve in this mission, but will be a lifelong goal, is becoming unto the Lord, to become a true missionary of this Gospel. I hope to beome the aid, then be a example of the Atonement. I am thankful for this opportunity.

Time to leave now, but sending lots of love from Chile!
VAMOS CHILE EN EL MUNDIAL!!!

Con amor,
Elder Siaosi

No comments:

Post a Comment