Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Monday, April 21, 2014

Semana Santa

As of today I have been out in the mission for 4 of my 16 cambios, and though it seems like I still have a long time to go, I have hardly been out in Chile. As we hit the 21 of Abril we hit another 6 weeks and that means cambios, lucky for me I am still in good ol´Quillon with my companion Elder Bueno! This cambio is his last so I will be killing him as he prepares to return home just in time for the Mundial. He actually wants to extend his mission but the president says that he can not since he will not be able to get a return flight home due to the huge attraction to the east due to the Mundial! This week has been one of stress, but also of great joy!

As for many of your questions, all is well in my area of Chile, though for others not so well, there are many fires, earthquakes, and even tsunamis that are devastating towns, so many of the prayers are being sent to them.

Starting off this week we have been finding people to teach like crazy, we actually have 3 new invests se llaman Jose, and two Luis(es), along with many more Maria(s)! This week had so much fun and success in this manner that it reminded me the joys of doing the Lord´s work, there are so many people waiting for us!

This week we also had the opportunity to have many Noches de Hogar and really help people remember why we celebrate Easter, and for whom we ought to remember. Down here they do not make easter eggs, or such, so we were able to share a very strange custom from ¨gringo land¨ and also thanks to a sweet package from my Family, I was able to give this little girl, one of our new investigators, birthday presents from the Elderes.

Speaking of packages, this week I recieved 4 packages, I was in a state of shock and stoked! Thanks so much to my Aunt Jane, Aunt Jen, my mother, and my dad, who sent me a Nike band because he wants to see if I am actually working. It is funny what things get sent in packages, all of which are good, especially the peanut butter, thank you so much! You would be surprised how grateful people are too to receive something from the United States, one of our investigators was eternally grateful I gifted him a pen from the states. HA! But again thank you so much family!!

This past Saturday was a little jam packed, I was asked to give a talk, our Hermanas in our district asked us to come to where they lived because there was someone ¨creepy¨ outside their house at night, it was their neighbor. And! we were without light in our house so I had to write my talk with a headlight, thanks Dad, and after the night, in the morning at church the whole stake leadership was there and so the missionaries didn´t talk!!

However, yup all is well with me! It is getting cold, but I would rather be cold than hot! Thank you for all of your support! Otta head out!

Elder Siaosi


Pictures of the Season



The girl is so happy in this photo because I gave her some of the toys you send to me in a package a little while back!





No comments:

Post a Comment