Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Monday, April 14, 2014

High on a Mountain Top

Dearest Family,

First of all, sorry I was not able to finish my letter last week, the whole area of Quillon lost internet access for the day so we all had to just send our letters real quick!

But hopefully, this letter will be better!

Starting off, the week was not too exciting, just a lot of hard work and hastening the work! This whole week we have been working in the more country part of my sector, trying to meet new people that have never talked to the missionaries, which is hard because almost everyone is less active or has a less active family member! One crazy experience of trying to find new people, we came to a house where all off the family were being taught by the missionaries but never got baptized because after the great earthquake here in 2010, they were forced to move and build a new house and lost contact with the missionaries! Well now we are teaching them and they are absolutely amazing!!

Another sweet experience I had this week was with a boy named Bastian, who happens to have the same birthday as me, January 10th! Well this boy, the son of a less active, does not have a father, only his mom is in his life, though he is a normal boy he definately lacks the fatherly parent in his life. Well one day we were teaching his mother, Alejandra, and while we were waiting for her to cook something delicious, I do not know why some people always think they have to feed us when we visit, but I am not complaining. Anyways, while we were waiting, he starting playing with this toy light I have, in the shape of a shark,  and he brought out these coins of 10 pesos, begging me to sell him the shark. Well after some hard bargaining, I accepted four 10 peso coins for the shark and told him that it would protect him in the dark from monsters. The next week, Alejandra called us and asked to visit. We came and she starting giving us so much thanks for all we have done, her son uses the shark and is never afraid, how silly, but I never realized how great small things can be.

Two minutes left!

We went to the mountain this Monday and it was the longest hike I have ever done in the dark!  

E Siaosi







No comments:

Post a Comment