Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Monday, March 3, 2014

It´s that time of the cambio again.

Those close to my heart,

This past week flew by. It feels like yesturday that I was writing home. And now that I think of it I felt like I was getting set apart yesturday, but again, it feels like I was in High School last week so I guess the time changes make sense. Everytime I write home, I wish to be back, if just to see everyone, see the places I miss, and to feel at home. But at the same time, there is no other place I would rather be. This coming week we have another cambio, so I am enxious to find out if I am leaving or getting a new companion here!

This past Tuesday I was on a mini cambio here in Quillon with the other Elders in our casa. One experience that was very special and we both felt like it was inspired. As we were making our way house to house contacting till we eventually made it to the less active we wanted to teach we came upon a split in the road. And it was basically a paved road to the right, which we needed to go down to reach our less active, and the other was a dirt road that was shade-covered with trees. We stopped at the path and waited, we both felt like we ought to go down the dirt road and see where it led. And so we did, and about every 75 yards or so there was a house, many run down without people living in them. And after we reace the end, about 20 minutes later we came to house that had smoke coming from the chimney. We both thought that we might as well contact the house since wehad no luck with the others and we went this far. So we walked up called out ¨Alo¨and waited for abot 5 minutes, to which a woman walked out and said ¨pasen¨ with just means, pass in, and went around the house to see a man with a huge ax cutting wood. She told us to sit down and we talked and ended up teaching her and her husband about the doctrines of Christ, Faith, Repentance, Bautism, the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Perseverar Hasta al Fin. After which, they not having said a word went into their house and brought our a Libro de Mormon and told us a story. Of how about 20 years ago a set of Sister missionaries came by and taught them, served them, and the famiy had a bond with the sisters, but one day they came by an said that they had to leave but that Elders would return to teach you. Well the times past and no one ever came, and eventually they thought that they had been forgotten, until one day we showed up. After she finished the story we talked about how sometimes God works in mysterious ways, for we did not know to come here or that you were ever waiting. Well after a while we told them we had to leave but that we would visit them in Thursday. After as E´ Barrios and I were walking back we felt so good! This is why I came right! It is experiences like this that makes me stoked for the future!

The rest of the week was a little rough, we had lunches with members twice in the same week, which were about 15 minutes to travel to by car, had way ot many reunions, and spent too much time in visits. But I guess everything has it´s ups and down, just make sure you keep your mind on the positive side, and remember those short moments of bliss to keep you moving forward.

Time is short once again, but iftime keeps moving this fast, I will be writing to you again tomorrow. Hope the best for all at home. Que Dios nos bendiga con salud y trabajo exitoso. Les amo!

Con Amor,
E´ Siaosi




Some more pictures of the joys of Chile. We had a cancelled service project so we decided to spend a few minutes at the playground. 

A passalong card that went wrong.

The metal animals about 25 minutes north of my city on a road that goes forever. We have two roads in our secotr that go on for about 30 miles. 

And lastely, the best quality of food I have had since I got to chile, it was fried mahi mahi, with alfredo sauce and some noodles. We also had soup, bread, fruit, and other unidentifiable meat.









No comments:

Post a Comment