Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Monday, February 24, 2014

The end of the month.

If there is one thing that every missionary comes to learn, is how to properly use your studies, time, and most importantly your money! At the beginning of the month every missionary in my mission recieves 100 mil which sounds like a lot right, well it is not! So what I have come to realize, in the United States we have cents, like 100 cents makes one dollar, well here they only have pesos, so 1000 pesos is only like 2 bucks. Well at the end of every month each missionary finds out i he used his money well or not, for I have to make sure to have at least 3.2 mil at the end ofthe last week for travel, and due to my well planning (or luck) I have 4 mil! But unlike me, my companion has no money left over! So one again we get to scrounge for cash!

This week has been fairly swell. Nothing to horrible, but no baptisms or miracles We have been doing a lot of traveling in our sector which is good that we reach out into all of our area, but the problemis that there is so end! On Monday we drove out to the parents of a members house (in bus) and had lunch and shared a message and they showed us their land so to speak, got to shoot this janky rifle too so that was exceptional! 

On Tuesday I was on a minicambio with another gringo in our area Elder Mills and we are straight newb thus we had the real struggle with our EspaƱol, but we have good lessons and many contacts.

Wednesday was the real odd part this week, we took a bus about 45 minutes away to this area called Florida (Miami) had lunch and did some work there, was a first time, and we plan on returning this week to do some more work (we have another lunch there.) 

The rest of the week was just plain, though my companion and I did have a sweet spiritual experience with a few lessons. One that was better than the rest started out on a really unproductive Saturday. My companion and I had no one to take to church that was an Investigator and so we felt pretty bumbed trying to see who would come and teach them. Well as we passed this one street that had a man we had ¨taught¨ before, which consisted of just him rambling and we taught him the history of the Book of Mormon gave him one and left since we were standing outside his house teaching. Well as we were walking I felt like we ought to check on Luis and see how his reading was and teach him if we could. my companion did not want to, saying he wuold just talk forever and we would waste our time. After about 5 minutes I convinced him to go. And as we thought he talked for about an hour alone before we asked him about the Book of Mormon, he had read it but didn´t remember much. And he talked for like another half hour, but as the discussion ended we invited him to church, he agreed and the next day he came and loved it and wants to return next week! Sweetness! 

The mission is such a great experience, to all who debate on going, it is well worth it. I am growing, finding my flaws, and attempting to make them better. I get to serve the Lord and see the benefits of spreading his word.

Hope all is well, for all is well here!

With much love,
E´ Siaosi



The picture of the lake is interesting but the best part is I just reciently found out that part of our sector is on the other side of the lake and we can only get their by boat...or kayak... The other picture of us all at the table for lunch was we had rice with this fishy tuna that wasnt  cooked right and smelled bad, but ate it like always. A photo with the feet, I dont know I saw another picure like this somewhere so I thought I would be ¨cool¨ and the last pic is with the kitties. I love the children.










No comments:

Post a Comment