Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Monday, March 31, 2014

Disfrute el Tiempo que Tenemos.

It is always hard to think about what I want to write, there is always do much, and I only have so much time as well So I guess I shall just give a review on this amazing week!

First of all, this week flew by so fast! It started on Monday with our 4 Pday of the month, and due to various reasons we were all out of money, only having like 4 mil to the each of us, and since it is about three mil to get to our Clase de Districto on Tuesday we were reluctant to use any money at all! So we were without money to buy food, and all other ¨necesities´ and so after talking it over the hermanas in our sector of Quillon invited us to have lunch with them, compromising to buy us lunch if we payed for them the next week (today) and so we agreed! Well the hermanas invited us to an activity with a senior couple called The Pulisifers and said that dos(2) other hermanas were going to be there as well. Well when we got to our destination where we wanted to have lunch, once there we found out that the reunion was meant to be for a get together of all the hermanas in ¨Chillan¨, thus it was doce(12) hermanas and not dos, and the Pulsifers were not even there! Well we invited a few more Elders and all was good. 

Then on Tuesday I had a mini cambio with Elder Jackson, since in his sector he had 2 people that were to be baptized and thus they needed to be interviewed by my companion. Our cambio was a blast, Elder Jackson first started his mission in my sector but knew about no Spanish so this cambio he was able to visit all of his converts and menos activos with a whole new idioma! 

On Wednesday I had a mini cambio with Elder Ramirez, the traveling assistant, who happens to be such a great missionary! I was a little on edge since it was basically a minicambio to test me on my work habits, lessons, contacts, and all the such, so at first I was a little enxious to work with him, but after a little while, he told me that he was here to aid me in my work, teach me new things, and help me fix that which I lacked. Well the day went by and we had so many good lessons, met so many people, and if I learned anything out of the whole cambio, it is that we need to ¨walk tall¨ in our work. Have pride in what we do, no matter what it is! The same night I had planned a Noche de Hogar with one of the member families in our ward, and after not being able to share the planned lesson we had prepared since the Tv they had didn´t work, I shared a lesson about Faith. If we have faith as little as a seed we can work miracles, and out of all the miracles we have in our lives we need to be thankful fot the little things as well as the great ones in our live, and we can show our gratitude by: being obedient to the commandments, all of them, and by being obedient we are blessed with more miracles, and so it is a circle in this life, that all starts with Faith, and everything else flows into place! It was a great night, we had food, they members were happy to see my new companion for a day, and also E Ramirez having worked in my sector earlier in his mission wanted to we visit some of his converts too!

After a straight work, on Thursday we had our Noche de Hogar for the Rama. Basically what the whole night was about, was to edify the testimonies of the members and to share a little more about the Libro de Mormon! it was great, everyone had a good time, and like all good activities we had food after!

We were in Florida yesterday, to contact, to teach, and open the unknown part of our sector. Well, if I say one thing, it was almost the best experience in the mission! All were humble and nice people, the work was great, we were able to pass into peoples home and share a little, which never happens in any other sector, and we met many more people that want us to meet with them! Only one little problem, and that is the transportation. It is like 30 minutes or so in a bus to get there and the last one leaves Florida to Quillon at 8:30 so we can not get our full time of the day working there, and it is also a pain to get there, and even more to bring people to church all the way to Quillon. But the people there are literally waiting for us! What made it the best was not ever an experience of mine it was of the hermanas that came with us. The story goes like this: They were contacting the in the street to find people to teach and they came across a man that litterally had been humbled to his knees. His father had just recently passed away, and his 9 year old son had died 4 months back. He had lost his job, and his wife wanted to divorce him. The man had been trying to kill himself for about 3 weeks, and was on the way to buy a drink at the bar, and had planned to end his life after. Well our hermanas talked to him and taught him there in the street, they invited him to read a little about the Plan of Salvacion, and invited him to let them return. After he accepted and gave the dirrection of his wife, which the hermanas taught as well and she accepted to meet with them as well. I do not know the extent of how touching it was for our sisters, but when we reunited at the bus stop and I asked them how was Florida, Hermana Ruiz started crying and thanked my for convicing us to work in Florida. I enjoyed the experience very much, and hope to return this Sunday.

One thing that I noticed today, is that I have a little more pep in my step, I am a little more excited to work, I guess I must have lost that desire to work that I had first started with. And so one thing that I invite everyone to do, as well as myself is to Disfrute el Tiempo que Tenemos (Enjoy the time that we have).Don´t ever forget that everyday we have is a gift, that is why they call it the present right! Enjoy what we have, what we used to have, and what we will have. Enjoy our lives, our families, our jobs, our callings, everything. We don´t have time to be sad!

I am thankful for everyone at home, and here in Chile. The mission is so awesome, and amazing, and astounding! Hope all is well!

Con Amor,

Elder Siaosi

Pictures in Florida and the second cutest girl ever





Just a few Libro de Mormones fotos





No comments:

Post a Comment