Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Monday, December 23, 2013

VIVA IN CHILE

Buenos Dias, everybody. Por Fin made it to CHILE, and the first thing I ought to say, it is soooooo Hot here haha! Unlike the Estados Unidos, it is Summer here in Chile and I got send to the mission zone of Chillian, in the Quillion District and it is no where near the coast. But on the bright side, I am in good grazing land I there is tons and tons of fruit, some fruit I have never seen before! My trainer only speaks Spaniosh so you already know that strugglwe, but at least I shall learn Spanish fast. His name is Elder Miranda and he is de Peru. Also in our casa we have,  which is just like a small dorm, there is Elder Mills, from Utah, and his companion is Elder Rojas, whom is from Argentine, and he only speaks spanish as well. We are able to ride bikes here, and I am sio glad I brought a backpack as well, we just carry those around with us all day. Also, unlike the United States, people here love, and I mean love to talk to other people, once you start talking to and old person they go on for days!! The people are very nice, and with almost every visit they give us some kind of drink, sometimes I have no clue what they are, but usuallly they give is soda, with some kind of fruit to eat, and then we talk about almost everything. I always get asked questions like how old am I, they think I am like 30 or something. But just imagine the fastest rapper ever, so youy fast have trouble understanding what he is saying, but then having him rap in spanish, that is how the people here talk haha! but all is well.

Thank you so much for the package Mother, I am so happy to have presents to open this Christmas, even though it feels like the dead of summer, oh wait it is! Also love the Christmas decorations, it is odd seeing al the decorations up, it being super hot and all. Oh which reminds me, the sun comes up here at like 5, and doesnt get dark until like 11!, we are out contacting untill 11 sometimes, it is crazy! Also everyting here is a rush, we correr everywhere, mas rapido all the time cada dia! At this rate the time in the mission will be over sooner than I know it. I am so grateful to be here, the vistas are so beautiful, I can see the andes mountinas with snow on them and there is green everywhere. Most of the houses are not build too well, but they are all mostly well kempt and look well. I am grateful that the people here are so nice and warm it would be a much harder time if everyone was bitter, but here everyone also is chiste (joking around) and they laugh a lot! Going to miss being with the family and friends this Christmas, but I am happy to be somewhere where the people are loving and giving all uear round!

Nothing too special happened this week, just a lots of meetings and contactos, and making sure recent converts and menos activos feel needed and are nourished! Church was interesting! The singing, sweet mercy it is so bad haha! But the talks were great, we had the niños have their navidad presentations, and class was alright, I understood little of it ahha! Hopefully by the end of a month being here (mission President said usually it takes us gringos 3 months) I will understand what the people are saying. One funny example. Usually when you first contact someones house (everyone has gates so you say ¨Alo¨at the gate)  and they open their door you say Hola Como Esta, stuff like that and then you ask them if you can meet them, aka shake their hands by saying Podemes Saludarle, well this one time I said Puede Ayudarme, and this means Can you help me? For the rest of the day my trianer could not stop laughing. Other than that, I have been meeting members, ward and stake leaders. Oh there is one ward here in Quillion made up of 60 active members. And Contactos para dias!

Nada mucho except I miss all y'all. Hope you are all well and remember that no matter what we recieve this Christmas, we can all wake up this Christmas and be grateful for the gift of the Atonement! I am going to miss you but I would have it no other way than to spend this Christmas serving the people in whom I am have called to. Till next semana, Adios. Cuidense!

Con Amor, 
Elder Siaosi

Pictures of the Laguna, my companero, and the Chile serving missionaries from the  CCM

No comments:

Post a Comment