Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Feliz Navidad y Año Nuevo!

Hey Hey, second week here in Chile and loving it. Enjoy the life in Quillon (the really hot ¨Valle de Sol¨) So I have been seeing some pretty funny stories. First two people in my mission that some people might recognize. Is Elder Paulson and also an Elder Clawson. Elder Paulson is the brother of a Chase (Chico) Paulson who was on the BYU lacrosse team, and Elder Clawson lived in Laguna, and was good friends with the Berthas and many more persons! It is a small world huh!

So Christmas here was strange, mainly because it was hot and not too many people had decorations up, but it was great nonetheless. The Latinos celebrate Navidad on Noche Buena, which is just Christmas Eve, but they have the big dinner and open presents on Christmas Eve and on Christmas day everybody sleeps in and takes the day to rest. Also was able to Skype the family on Christmas day so that was a real pleasure! Later on Christmas day, the whole zone met together and had a devotional and just spent the day having a swell time with each other. Well when the day was finished, all the buses that would have taken us back to Quillan were not on work because of the Holiday and so we got to stay with our Zone Leaders, in their mansion I swear haha! The whole day was great, and though it didn`t not feel like a normal Christmas, I still loved it greatly. From what my companions here tell me, is that the new year is even more of an experience than Christmas. Everyone is giving and sharing and fiesta-ing to celebrate the new year. The new day!

The week was normal, nothing to crazy, no baptisms, noting out of the ordninary. But I did realize, in a lesson with a recently converted member. Is that everyday is a miracle. It is a miracle that the sun comes up every morning, it is a miracle that we have the knowledge of the doctrine, and it is a miracle that I am able to understand Spanish! I am so very grateful for everything, thank you all for you love for me. My companion everyday tells me that our exito (success) is almost on the same line as our obedience to the rules and laws wich we have been given as a missionary. A funny thing my companion says all the time is that God does not give us rules so that we have to follow or be punished, God is a loving father. He gives us rules so that he may bless us when we love him enough to follow his commanments!

I love you all at home and wish the best for everyone! Hope you had a merry Chistmas, and I hope you all have a Happy New Year! Enjoy the lives you have, for you never know how long you have!

Con Amor,
Elder Siaosi!



No comments:

Post a Comment