Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Week 2

¡Que Bueno! Everything is great here at the CCM. One thing that I find funny, the time seems to fly by, but at the same time everyday takes forever to go by! I am quite sad I missed Justin´s farewell but I know that I would much rather be there for his homecoming! Only 102 weeks left right! I think that it such a bittersweet circumstance that so many of our close friends are serving missions all around the same time. 

Life here is quite a routine, we wake up around 6-630, which is sleeping in an hour that home life, so that is a blessing (Best wishes to Jason). Then breakfast is at 7:15, which is followed up by personal study, and language study. Then Lunch comes around and after we usually either teach mock investigators, reenact certain situations, ie knocking doors or meeting people on the streets. Then we finish with more language study and a class on the fundamentals of the doctrine, which is just class on religion. Mixed in between the day are various addition study times and breaks. Oh and not to forget the best part of the day, besides dinner, is Gym time at 3:30! that basically sums up a normal day. On Tuesdays we have devotionals around 8 and on Thursdays we have PDAY! 

Something funny about this last week, I believe it was on Monday we have a stress management class, mainly people are stressing about not understanding Spanish, but the best part was in was entirely in Spanish! And speaking of stressing, my companion is totally not speaking any Spanish!  I find it funny, though i shouldn´t that he butchers trying to pronounce certain words!  Oh and he got me SICK! I´m better now but I had the worst cough ever! Speaking of cough, he has about 200 cough drops and they smell the worst! He eats them LIKE CANDY!!!!!!!!

I´m so glad little JAAAASON did well in High Rollers, it´s quite an experience. Tell Jason that he needs to step up his game so that can go to BYU his freshman year while I am there! I miss the babies, especially playing games with Curtis and watching Corinne freak out at Curtis. Send me some pictures back so that I see the family and friends! So on the 20th of November, Mexico celebrated their Independence day from some country, I forget but at night, the sky was lit up with fireworks (which sounded a lot more like bombs, we all know about Mexican Fireworks) and that was a good time. 

This Tuesday´s devotional, the member of the 70 for Mexico, Hermano Alverez (i think that´s his name) spoke on Hastening the work of the Lord. He described the truth as flooding all of the Earth, and each missionary is to make sure every crack is filled! Just like Dad said, talk to everyone, the one person you don´t talk to, will be the crack that doesn´t get filled. Almost everyone you are going to meet is going to be a stranger, yet we have the abilities to change their lives. Prepare to meet God today, and your life will be limitless.

I miss everyone so much, life here is very regular, which isn't a bad thing but I miss the outside world (AMERICA), and great food(that Katsu Chicken mom makes), or playing with the babies. Stay strong and pray for me, I sure am praying for home. Amo Ustedes! 


Elder Siaosi


I hope to send more later today, we can only take pictures on Prep Day. But here are a few ones I thought you would enjoy. Especially the pasta and Mexican! The others are a bunch of mary Dolls I wanted to buy, and the other is my favorite Elder in my District!




My companion is the guy wearing the aviators, the picture describes him well. The other with the iron cast is the man who first created the school which became the CCM.  The others are some phun fotos!





No comments:

Post a Comment