Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Monday, August 17, 2015

The Work and the Glory

My family and my sweet sweet friends!


I am going to keep it short today. In my sector we have been doing great. Beginning to enjoy every single moment of the day. The hard ones, the walking, going by people that are not even there. The Mission as we know it. But the little things are what keep us going right. 

A good story to share with the kids. Two Sundays ago a family came to church. Two adults and their baby child. Our mission leader told us that the husband was not a member and that we ought to pass by. Well we went by four times that week to find them and we could not. We called them, left notes, nothing. Well the whole week had gone by  and we had failed to find them. On Saturday night we planned for them to come again to church trusting in the Lord. We planned an un fixed cita at 8 in the night. This Sunday they also came to church. Well we fixed the cita al tiro. They said anytime, then said come at 8 without us even saying anything. MIRACLE! That night we talked to the man (Arturo) about baptism. He wants to get baptized in two weeks. It is a lot of work for us to do, but he said we could pass everyday if it would help him get ready faster. Well, the only thing better than a reference is one that has been prepared by God. The family had gotten married 9 days ago and the man had given up smoking and drinking for years. The wife wants nothing more that to be sealed to her family for all eternity. I do not know much but I know that the Lord works in mysterious and miraculous ways:) The work will never stop until it is done.

The zone itself that I am in is doing great! Everyone is baptizing. Every week we have at least one. One experience that I have enjoyed, teaching or helping missionaries to remember what thing they can do and which are against the rules. I do not want them to think that I am better than them or that I think bad about them. But sometimes you just have to say it how it is. Put it on the line and let them accept it or not. Learning more everyday I am.

Take it easy guy:) Stay swanky.


Elder Siaosi


Las Colombianas y massage chair!


No comments:

Post a Comment