Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Thursday, June 25, 2015

It's a boy!

 That time has come again and we have more cambios in the mission. I am still staying in my sector in Penco as a district leader, but I have been given the opportunity to train a new missionary. I do not know who it is yet, but I do know that 6 out of the 8 are from utah, so we shall see. Should be a blast! I am little sad because my boy Elder Stallings is heading out, but training should be a good experience. It is strange to see all my friends I have come to know go home to their hosues, and it makes me feel even yet stranger to think about going home myself, so lets think about that just yet:)

This week has been an interesting one. It is definately much colder, and the rain is falling much harder. The work is still at the same pace. Hopefully will have a baptism this weekend, only time will tell. One this that I have seen a slight change in, is that the bond between the local leaders and the missionaries is much stronger, united we are. There is still much to better. One thing that I would like to talk about today is a subject that can be taken upon at any level. DESIRE. 

Something that sometimes lacks in the lives of men, is desire. Desire to achieve thier goals, desire to become better, desire to keep moving forward. Rcoky once told us, ¨It is not about how hard you can hit, it is about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.¨ In our lives we much master and embrace desire in our lives. When we are running, at least for me, and I am getting tired and want to stop, I begin to think about the things that I desire. You becoe what you think about. If you thing about great things, you become that which is great, if you think about giving up, you give up. It is as simple as that. In our lives as people, as saints, and as missionaries. Decire is what ought to rule our lives. As a matter of fact, it does. Often times we fall into Satan´s traps when we desire the world more that the Lord. And others become perfected when they have no more desire to do evil. 

Let us all search for such desire in our lives! Become better. I remember a little phrase. Never let is rest, until the good become better, and the better, best. Strive for victory. Strive to do good. I miss you all and wish you the bests!!

Elder Siaosi







No comments:

Post a Comment