Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Semana De La Fiesta

So many fiestas have been happening this week, that sometimes I forget I am a misionary because everything seems so active, loud, and exciting!

I am going to forward what I sent to my President since I feel like it call be applied to everyone.

President,
This week went fairly well, nothing much changed with the cambios, and the work is still in full drive. On Sunday we had a miracle that I would like to share. It was something so small, yet so amazing. Elder Tafur and I fasted to help us find more new that would accept fecha. We finished, ate, lunch, planned and left to work. I had almost completely forgotten my fast, It was behind me. We left the house, on our way to our first appointment, we talked to a woman gardening. She invited us in. Within 15 minutes, we left. Having taught them about God, his plan for us, and baptism, we had gained 2 new people to teach, we accpeted baptism for the 25, the are excited to go to church this sunday, and asked us to come back on Tuesday. I could not believe it. We had a renewed fire, I love the work. I will leave you with this. As missionaries we talk to everyone right. But sometimes, I feel like we, and especially I, talk to everyone, but we do not have that vision of everyone in white. It is a lack of hope I think, diligence without that hope that everyone we talk to will want to get baptized. I think that if I change my mindset, I will enjoy the mission much more. I will try it out and tell you how it goes. ok.

As children of God we have many great blessings waiting for us, and yet sometimes we forget that they are there. For example, I did not realize nor expect to recieve the many miracles that come from being in the mission. If we always have the vision that we shall reap what we sow, we should have a grand hope for the future!

Love you all family!
Elder Siaosi

Pictures of my trainer and me


Christmas Eve Dinner

the famous Elder Watts

Quesodillas

Elder Skelton and Elder Gillespie in our first night in a year of Pizza from Papa Johns!


Pic with Elder Ainge and Elder Copling

New Years Dinner

a service project

No comments:

Post a Comment