Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Monday, January 26, 2015

Controling your Emotions

I cannot think of a better title for this week's letter. So much has happened this week, I felt like I was on the roller coaster of emotions, from being mad, sad, excited, hungry, filled with hope, let down, so much, yet after it all I felt like I have controlled the ride more than it controlled me. 

It all started on Tuesday when my silly companion while I was praying kicked and broke the bench I was on, and sent me falling on my knee, it was unbelievable, for a second I was thinking of all the different ways I could inflict him pain, but out of no where I just felt that I ought to walk away and cool off. Well to this day me knee hurts, maybe it is because I keep walking on it all day for the whole day. But I could not manage being in the house the whole day.

On Wednesday we had so many lessons, it was amazing. 8 in one day, with members that came with us, when we got home I just felt so exhausted and amazed. Thursday we did not get into a single one of our planned lessons, but where able to get into 4 new houses which was fun!

Friday, we had a Kareoke night place, it went fairly bad, no one really came, and it was poorly planned. yet we still had a really good time.

Saturday, the other Elders had a baptism, one of our less actives we visited was in a crying wreck. Her husband left her and her two kids, three days before her birthday. She has no job nor money. And her only hope is a job offering that requires her to work over night, leaving her two little kids alone at home. hat was a joy to be there with her.

Sunday I fould out that morning that I had to give a talk in church, a musical number, and we had the baptism for the little girl planned. Which she ended up not getting baptized. Then latter, we fould 3 more families of gold, that called us, and told us to teach them.

It was a odd and crazy week, but enjoyable too!

To share a thought that I was thinking of while I was on the roller coaster. I would not change the things that happened if I could. Of course I wish some things had gone beter, and that there was less suffering and more joy. But then what would that aid me for. I was thinking, that through all thoughout the ride, that these times of experiences help us to make ourselves stronger. Physically, Emtionally, Mentally, Spiritually, in every manner we can become stronger. if we lose our emotional and spiritual independence, or self-reliance, we can be weakened to the hard times that come in this life. Each and everyday is another day for us to realize that we are children of God and so is everyone else around. We ought to treat them life that, and we ought to give thanks everyday for what we have. Let us ask for trials. Ask for blessings too. As we say here, Venga que lo venga, disfrutalo! 


It is that time again. Miss and love you all very much!
Elder Siaosi

We had the whole meeting ready to get her baptized, and the little girl got scared to go into the font, 
we will be doing a redo on Tuesday. Her brother is going to be doing the work.


Spam Misubi
thanks Aunt Jane!

No comments:

Post a Comment