Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Monday, May 5, 2014

Halfway from being halfway!

Dearest family and friends!

This week flew by as every week. It is hard to say that the time goes by fast when everyday it is filled to the max with work but I guess that what being busy does, never have time to stop and think! It has already been 6 months since I have been out! Whoo!

I do not have anything interesting to write about, thus I shall share what my companion and I have been trying to work on this past week.

We decided that our investigators we met needed to know more about prayer because that is central to gaining a testimony of  the gospel. So we talked in depth about how to pray, who we pray to, and the difference of public and private prayer. One thing that every member of the church needs is their own proper conversion. And we can receive this through prayer.

Also for the members, we have to be weary to not forget the gospel we are living. There is a verse we love in Mosiah chapter 4 and it reads
 30 But this much I can tell you, that if ye do not watch‍ yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue‍ in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives, ye must perish. And now, O man, remember, and perish not.
Many times we need to remember what it means to be a member of the Church of Christ. We must live the attributes that Christ has. Many of the members find themselves gossiping, judging, and worrying about things, unimportant in this life and usually wastes relations and time. If we always remember what we teach and know we will be representatives of Christ!

I am thankful for everyone, thanks so much Megan Bertha for your letter and love from England! Thank you family for all you do for me! Thanks to everyone in my life, I miss you all! Hope to have something grand in the next email!

No comments:

Post a Comment