Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Monday, September 14, 2015

Some Free Time

Finally I have some real time to write home! Running back and forth as a zone leader really has made it hard to write a nice long letter home! So I am with my new companion Elder Lozano right, he has 20 months on the mission, from Buenos Aires, and is a really great guy. Elder Copling and a new missionary Elder Holcombe are living with us now in the house. It was a big house for two, and now it is a small house for four ha. I was reading some stuff about finishing strong and came across this great talk. It touched me and I thought I would send it over. We mucst run with the intention to win!

Love Elder Siaosi



Know ye not that they which run in race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.   1 Corinthians 9:24 




 Thomas S. Monson

"On sunlit days during the noon hour, the streets of Salt Lake City abound with men and women who for a moment leave the confines of the tall office buildings and engage in that universal delight called window shopping. On occasion I, too, am a participant.

"One Wednesday I paused before the elegant show window of a prestigious furniture store. That which caught and held my attention was not the beautifully designed sofa nor the comfortable appearing chair that stood at its side. Neither was it the beautiful chandelier positioned overhead. Rather, my eyes rested on a small sign that had been placed at the bottom right-hand corner of the window. Its message was brief: 'FINISHERS WANTED.'

"The store had need of those persons who possessed the talent and the skill to make ready for final sale the expensive furniture the firm manufactured and sold. 'Finishers Wanted.' The words remained with me as I returned to the pressing activities of the day.

"In life, as in business, there has always been a need for those persons who could be called finishers. Their ranks are few, their opportunities many, their contributions great.

"From the very beginning to the present time, a fundamental question remains to be answered by each who runs the race of life. Shall I falter, or shall I finish? On the answer await the blessings of joy and happiness here in mortality and eternal life in the world to come." ("Finishers Wanted," Ensign, June 1989) be called finishers. Their ranks are few, their opportunities many, their contributions great.

No comments:

Post a Comment