Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Monday, November 24, 2014

La Pradera

¿Comó estaí familia?!

I am in such a sweet little sector. There are way more people that come to church that my other sectors, but the area is a lot smaller!  But I guess that is because it is because I am in the city now, well a suburb of the big city. The weather, glorious, low 70s everyday. The people, even better. I love the church, it is so true.

My new companion is named Elder Tafur. He is from Peru. He is so crazy and energetic, I love it. We get along well, and teach even better. I am going to enjoy my time while I am here.

This week I think I will share a little something something about The Refiner´s Fire. The trial of our faith. The Diamond Cutter. I am been studying the Bible lately, think I might as well read it all the way through. And there are so many examples of the people of the Lord getting tested, tried, to see if they would hold their faith. Prophets such as Job, Abraham, Daniel. They were through into the Lions den, had everything they held close taken from them, even asked to kill their own beloved ones. The thing that they went through were inconvievable. 

Just a few scripture that I feel I want to share.

DyC 101
 2 I, the Lord, have suffered the affliction to come upon them,wherewith they have been afflicted, in consequence of theirtransgressions;

 3 Yet I will own them, and they shall be mine in that day when Ishall come to make up my jewels.

 4 Therefore, they must needs be chastened and tried, even asAbraham, who was commanded to offer up his only son.

 5 For all those who will not endure chastening, but deny me,cannot be sanctified.

DyC 95 
1 Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you whom I love, and whom Ilove I also chasten that their sins may be forgiven, for with thechastisement I prepare a way for their deliverance in all things outof temptation, and I have loved you—

Mal. 3
 But who may abide the day of his comingand who shall standwhen he appeareth? for he is like refiner’s fireand like fullers’soap:

In this life we will all have trials, that is just how it is right. But the blessings that come from the problems are hundredfold. Love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Siaosi

No comments:

Post a Comment