Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Monday, August 4, 2014

An Imperative Duty

In the life of a missionary, you are able to feel closest to the Lord, because on a smaller level you are representing the Lord in all you do, and giving 100 percent of you life to the Lord. And in so, we are able to feel the same pains that the Lord feels. In the moment in time right now, I would travel for hours just to have to opportunity to help someone find their way into the church. I would teach the gospel for hours to aid the sheep to come back into the fold. I would fast, work, pray for days just to get that one family, that one soul to church. And you know what, that is what I have been trying to do. Me and my companion travel so far and yet we feel like we are not recieving the fruits. I guess that is how we feel in life sometimes right, we work so hard, but where are the fruits! We know that the adversary is always trying to not only bring down our faith but also our hope.

This past Sunday I had the opportunity to attend a reunion for the preisthood that really opened our eyes. It started with this quote!

Harold B. Lee said “The most important of the Lord’s work you will ever  dwill be within the walls of your own homes.¨

As members we are someties more worried about the people that we can help come into the church, more than about actually helping the members that are already in the church!! We need to help out the members that are in church!

Well I need to get off how the time flies! Oh by the way, I got called to be the Clerk of the Branch.

Well so long family and friends!!!

Elder Siaosi

No comments:

Post a Comment