Serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Concepcion, Chile from November 2013---October 2015

Monday, January 13, 2014

The weeks fly by, but the days are oh so Long!

Hola Hola!

Fairly busy week, not much time to email this week! Got a meeting in the big city! Had a great birthday! Had a random meeting with the Zone in Chillan (hour out so it is a hassle) and we had a normal class like on tuesdays but after Elder Clawson pulled out this cake for me and the whole zone sung Feliz Cumple! Also we had lunch at a members house whose birthday was the same as mine so we shared regalos! BTW thanks again for that awesome package for the birthday! This week I went on a mini cambio, which is when you go on splits for a day with another person in your zone, which happens to be an hour drive for me, and that was quite fun, we were both greens, but he is from Chile so at least we had that!  All is well with me, hope for the same at home! Love everyone and wish you well!

One good spiritual story!

We were at a members house and I was supposed to give the spiritual thought but I was not quite sure what to say so I was flipping through the scritptures, it didn't help it was in Spanish! And I stopped at a verse I had no idea what it said and I just looked through it. I announced that I wanted to read Mosiah 4:9 and then attempted to read it In english it reads:

 Believe in aGod; believe that he is, and that he bcreated all things, both in heaven
 and in earth; believe that he has allcwisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not dcomprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. 

After I finished, Hermano Lopez (the member) starting crying, he began to tell us about his wife, about how she had died two months ago, and that everyday he pondered about God, and how his sorrow and how much he missed her. And that this scripture was exactly what he needed to hear. M companion started to tell me about how before his wife died he visited them and was prompted to share Alma 40:11, he didn`t know what it said until he read it. It is a very touching scripture about our souls after the pass, look it up if you have the time! Hope to touch those with the Spirit! If I stay ready to teach I won`t have to get ready right!

Love everyone, hope to write much more next week! 
Elder Siaosi




Learning how to make the most  famous food down here! Sopaipillas! They are just fried biscuits and the people down here basically eat everything with them down here! And the other, is this sweet old gothic catholic building we attended a meeting in (it was a Catholic meeting). While on the mini cambio, a investigator said he would go to our church if we went to his!

No comments:

Post a Comment